Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Love You Forever- By Robert Munsch


For my first Mother's Day, my husband gave me the book, Love You Forever.  He wrote a sweet little note on the front inside cover.  I remember the book from when I was little and thought the gift was wonderful and truly came from the heart.

When Landon turned two, I pulled out the book one night before bed and read it to him... it was an instant hit!  "Again, again, Mommy!!"  I read it again... but as I read it a second time, I started to think about the message.  By the end of the book I was full tears!!

It is such an emotional story for any mother... the reality of raising a child from infancy to adulthood.  Going through the good times and the bad.  Even when you are stressed out, tired, overwhelmed and even frustrated with your child; at the end of the day, you still love them.  All you want to do is hold them, rock them and tell them how much you are going to love them for the rest of your life.

I actually use this book as a reminder on how quick life goes by and that I need to be mom TODAY.  I want my kids to know how much I love them know matter how many "not so good decisions" they have made and will make ;-) 

This is still the number one book in our house!  Every time we get done reading it, Landon tells me how someday he is going to rock and take care of me when I get old... TEARS!!!  Bravo to the author :-)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...