Monday, January 30, 2012

Having Boys has Made Me Stronger


Before I had any children, I considered myself pretty girly.  I did play sports while growing up, but I always loved doing my hair, makeup and wearing girly clothes.  I love all things pink, purple, frilly, fancy, shiny, sparkly and gaudy.  Everyone told me that I would make a great "girl mom" someday... they were right, I would!!  I always dreamed of buying dolls, Barbie dolls, dresses, braiding hair and buying cute dresses and outfits for a little girl.... the one that I was going to have someday ;-)

Growing up, our house was female dominant.  I had one sister, my Mom and Dad.  Everything that we did was girly.  Our house was in order and it was quiet.  There was no wrestling, horseplay or jumping off of furniture.  I played with dolls, played school, read books and hung out with my neighbor girl friends... I did not have much to do with boys, nor did I care.

Me at Age 2 :-)

Fast forward 20 years....



My life is the exact OPPOSITE of what I grew up with and what I thought it would be.  It is loud, boys are jumping off the walls (literally), the living room is a constant war zone with bullets flying at my head, video games have taken over the TVs and LOTS and LOTS of wrestling!!!!!  I have become a.... BOY MOM!!!

I truly feel that having boys have been blessing for me.  I have become a better, stronger person by having boys.  They have made me tougher.  I now know how to load over 7 different kinds of Nerf guns, I shop regularly at GameStop, the noise... can't even hear it anymore, I can break up a wrestling match faster than you can say "booger on the wall"and I have stepped on more plastic army men than I can count!!


Having boys is the best thing in the world.... they are so funny, free spirited and don't take anything too personally.  They could be fighting one minute and hugging the next.  

I believe that God gives you only what you need and can handle... and he knew what I needed :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...