Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Using Eggies for the First Time! (Review)

Brady, the boys and I LOVE hard boiled eggs... but to be honest, it is a pain in the booty to cook them!  When I first saw the commercial for Eggies, I was super excited to try them.  If it actually works, I may just be able to enjoy eating hard boil eggs more often.

My parents got my Eggies for Christmas (yes, I asked for them lol) and today I decided to try them out and see if they work or not.  I read a TON of bad reviews on them, but I still wanted to try it myself.  I find most people are pretty clueless when it comes to following directions, so I don't take most reviews too seriously ;-)

Eggies containers cleaned and ready to go

Unscrew containers and spray the inside with cooking oil 

Once containers are all put back together, take the top off and fill with egg.  I used three containers with regular eggs and three with just egg whites.

Get a large saucepan at a boil

Place all Eggies in boiling water, remove from heat and cover for 25-30 minutes

After 25 minutes, they look done!!

Since I wanted to eat them for dinner, I placed them in a bowl full of cold water and ice to speed up the cooling process

They only fill the bottom portion of the container, but that is not an issue since I am eating it ;-)

All done!!  They popped out pretty easy, I just had to squeeze the container on all four sides and tap!

I was actually really impressed on how the Eggies worked and came out!!  It was much more successful than many reviews had stated... glad I tried them anyway ;-)  They tasted great too!!  One thing I would do different next time is, fill with one large egg and add egg whites to the top... maybe it will give it an actual egg look.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...