Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Mom was right, this isn't easy!

We decided that I would become a stay at home mom before I was even pregnant with Brock. I had enough of dropping Landon off at daycare and feeling like I was missing out on his life. I was determined to be home with my children, to raise them with our morals and rules and to be able to witness their discoveries everyday. I knew it would be a lot work, but I did not realize how tiring and stressful it would be... there are no lunch breaks or casual conversations at the coping machine when you are home... it is feeding children, changing diapers, cleaning the house, cooking, dealing with tantrums and crying and you know what? There are NO breaks! You are having a good day "if" both children happen to take a nap at the same time and then you have to decide if I should clean or take that long awaited nap...

My mom stayed home with my sister and I when we were little and I know that she loved it. When I told her I wanted to stay at home, she warned me that it was a lot of work and people do not understand or respect moms at home. She told me about how people were rude towards her when they found out that she was a home-maker. I did not get it, I did not understand... now I do. People perceive woman who stay at home to be lazy and are not career minded. They think their days are full of luncheons, shopping and play-dates. Yes, there are days I go out to lunch, but it is at the local McDonald's. Yes, I do go shopping, for our groceries. Yes, I have gone a a couple play-dates, but it is really difficult to schedule anything when you have a 3 year old and an infant with feeding and nap times. Since I have worked in an office with deadlines and horrible managers, I can positively say, being at home is by far the hardest job I have ever had. I work 24/7.

Though it is the hardest job I have ever had, it is easily the BEST job too! I am truly the happiest I have ever been in my adult life and I am proud to take care of the kids and maintain the house during the day. The kids and I have already shared many wonderful memories together and have been to so many fun places. These are years I will never get back and I am glad that I made the choice to be there for my children everyday, all day! Though it can be wearing at times, I love my new "career!"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...