Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Nap Time & 3 Years Apart

Nap time should be the highlight of my day. The time where I can have some quiet time and do something for me... but I do not have that. Landon has not taken a "nap" for almost six months. I have him do an hour of quiet time in my bedroom and for the most part, he does an awesome job at staying quiet while Brock takes his nap. The only problem I am having is, as soon as his hour is up, he runs down stairs like a crazy man and is bouncing off the walls until Brock wakes up. It drives me NUTS! I am so paranoid for the whole second hour of Brock's nap that he is going to wake up from his crazy brother downstairs. I know it is not Landon's fault, he is like a large outdoor animal that can not be caged up in one place. Sometimes, I will take him outside if it is nice and bring the baby monitor with, but that is not always an option. I would say that this is the BIGGEST drawback of having your kids 3 years apart... they are at totally different stages of their life and sometimes I feel like they both suffer in some way because of it. Landon is into doing more active stuff outside, while Brock can barely sit up on his own... Landon wants to head out on the town for the day, but Brock is on a strict schedule... Landon wants to stay up late and watch movies and Brock can not stay up a minute pass 8:30 PM.

As there are many things that make it hard sometimes having your kids 3 years apart, there are also so many good things. Like Landon being a HUGE helper, completely potty trained and independent little guy who is able to get his own snacks and dress himself. I honestly do not know how parents do it with having their kids 1 year apart... it would be like having two babies at the same time. That is the reason that we waited to have Brock until Landon was older, we wanted him to be out of the toddler stage and to the point where he was not so needy. I know the older they get the easier it will be and they will have much more in common, but right now I feel like I am torn between two different worlds!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...