Friday, January 8, 2010

I Still Have it in Me

I would have to say one of the hardest things that I am dealing with now one year into being a stay at home mom is missing the competitiveness of work.
Brady recently received a promotion and I was soooooo happy and excited for him because he is so good at what he does and deserves everything he got. After all the emotions of being happy for him went down, I started feeling jealous and wished it was me getting a promotion. I miss having that high of competitiveness in an office, whether it is on a project, position status or a promotion... being honest, I sometimes miss being in the "working" mix.

I also miss being apart of a team at work and all of my co-workers... I am not going to lie, it is hard to drive by my old office sometimes. I know all of this will be waiting for me in 5 years when Brock starts school full-time, but I am really realizing who I am and what is important to me as a person and what I will look for in a job when I go back. I miss the drive that I once had when I first was working and before I had Landon and someday I want to feel that again.

For now, I am extremely happy to be at home to raise my boys and get to experience their childhood with them, as I feel it is meant to be between a mother and child. This is what I wanted more then anything in the world, just be home with my babies... but, there will always be that competitiveness lingering in the back of my head, waiting to come back out...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...