Sunday, March 28, 2010

Lock on Our Door...

We have had a problem with Landon sleeping in our bed since... well, he was born!! We have tried everything to break him from the habit, but it has got to the point where he now sleepwalks into our room, jumps in our bed and falls asleep in the middle of the night! He is definitely sleeping because the other night he came in around midnight and Brady tried to talk to him and there was nothing... so strange.

So, we decided that it is time to try our last resort, a lock on our door. I have not wanted to do this because my parent ALWAYS locked their door at night and I hated it. I hated it because I was worried something might happen and I would not be able to get to them for help. Well, nothing ever happened and I turned out okay, so tomorrow we are going to buy a new lock for our door so he will not be able to come in.

We have no idea if this will solve the problem, but it is worth a shot. It may even make it worse, because now he may start screaming and crying outside our door and then we will HAVE to get up and deal with him. I am hoping eventually he will be too embarrassed to sleep with his parents, but as of right now, he would not have it any other way... did I also mentioned that we just spent a large sum of money redoing his room because he told us that he would stay in his bed at night if we did?? Yeah, well he now sleeps in his bed for half the night.

To be continued...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...