Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I feel kind of bad...

Landon has his first preschool field trip tomorrow and they are going to the Fire Museum in Minneapolis... he is very excited to say the least. I could have gone to be a chaperon and chose not to and now I feel super bad about it because I am going to miss out on this experience he is going to have :-( I am really just living out my own past and fears through him.

When I was growing up, my mom was a SAHM and we did everything together... I was so dependant on her and she was happy to do almost anything for me. When I started school (Kindergarten/1st grade) I really struggled adjusting being away from her. I just wanted to go home and be with my mommy... she fed into it, which did not help. Anywho, whenever we had field trips at school, my mom HAD to go or I would have a panic attack. I could not go without her.

Well, I got over that stage pretty quickly and by 2nd grade I was completely embarrassed when my mom even showed up to school!! lol

So, that is what is bringing me to Landon and his field trip... I am so afraid that he is going to get dependant on me always being there and I do not want him to go through what I did. I want him to be at school and feel confident, independent and happy being with other children... I can honestly say, he is all of those things and I am beyond proud of him! He is going to have so much fun and I can not wait to hear all about it... maybe I will go on the next field trip ;-)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...