Thursday, April 1, 2010

Little Yellow Man

Tomorrow I am going to go out and buy what I like to call the "Little Yellow Man." He is a plastic little man that stands up holding a red flag... the point of him is to call caution to drivers who are driving down your street that there are kids playing so SLOW DOWN!! We don't live off of a "busy" street per se, but it is the main streeting heading into our development and people drive so fast! I get so mad because Landon is riding his bike, scooter and trike on the sidewalk in front of our house and I get so nervous he will fall or something and get hit by one of these speeding cars.

Landon is now 4 1/2 years old and knows not to go in the street and I trust him now. He so far this Spring, he has not let me down and has been a very responsible outside player. It is the other people that I am worried about. Unfortunately, I am not able to follow him around anymore outside since I have Brock to take care of and I usually keep him up more by the house and driveway and Landon wants to be a big boy and ride his bike without mommy following his every move.

So, the tacky Little Yellow Man is going to have a home at the end of our driveway while we are outside playing. I am not sure what our neighbors will think of it, but I don't care! My kids safety is more important than what people think of the crazy red flag guy. Now, I just hope nobody runs over my LYM!!!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...