Sunday, August 7, 2011

Highlighting My Own Hair... Success or Fail???

I have been going to the salon to get my hair highlighted since college, so about 10 years.  I LOVE going to the salon!!  It is me time and I always walk out the door looking and feeling pretty.

The first problem is, I need to get my roots retouched every 6-8 weeks since my hair is so dark... sooooo, if you do the math, it is about $100 every 8 weeks... coming out to be around $600 a year!!!  I feel like that is just a lot of money with me being a SAHM.  I mean, who do I need to look so good for??  My kids and hubby don't even notice what my hair looks like!! lol

The second problem is, TIME!!!  Finding a time to get to the salon during the day is sometimes impossible.  My mother-in-law has been nice enough to watch the boys for me to go a couple times, but I hate to ask so often.  There is not enough time at night when Brady gets home, since he gets home around 6:30pm and most salons close about 7-8pm.  I refuse to go on the weekend, everyone goes on the weekend and it is usually super busy.  With the time factor, on most visits to the salon, I am there a good 3-4 hours from start to finish.  Just way toooooo long.

So, after 10 years of getting it professionally done, I did it myself tonight!!  The total cost $14 & 1 1/2 hours from start to finish (including shower).

Before...
 I have been working gradually to get it less blonde 

This is what I used, Brand: Loreal
I liked it because it came with two colors (Brown & Blonde)
**Sorry pic is backwards lol

I used just regular foil, works pretty good ;-)

Got them all in!!  I did two browns to one blonde

All done!!!  I think it looks good :-)

What do you think??
My hair is obviously not styled... don't judge me ;-)

I would say it is a SUCCESS!!!  I am super crazy about my hair and how it looks... I didn't cry, therefore, success :-)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...