Wednesday, August 10, 2011

WHAT?? Summer is almost over??

Has anyone else just noticed that summer is almost over??  I did and now I am completely overwhelmed with trying to squeeze in all the things I was planning on doing with the boys this summer into the next three weeks!!

So, today I took the boys to the Springbrook Nature Center!!  My Mom tagged along since she loves doing activities with the kids and I.  It was a perfect day for it... upper 70's and sunny!!  We walked the trails and saw so many neat things... fish, frogs, birds, butterflies, bees, along with good old beautiful nature!!  We Minnesotans LOVE our natural habitat :-)

We also went into the nature center and looked at a bunch of living (and non-living) animals, amphibians and fish.  The boys had so much fun and the best part was, it was FREE!!















I love getting the boys outside to play and just let them explore!!  I found this great pamphlet on getting your kids outside for free play, since most kids only get about 30min a week of unstructured outdoor playtime.

Click Below:
A Parent's Guide to Nature Play
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...