Wednesday, August 10, 2011

New Neighbor Etiquette


So, we moved into our new home about 6 weeks ago and in that time we have not had ONE neighbor come over and say "hi" or introduce themselves to us!!  At first, I told Brady give it some time for them to scope us out and see that we seem to be nice people.  Now, I realize that no one is ever going to come over!!

At our last home, I always went over to meet our new neighbors within a couple days of them moving in... I felt that I wanted to know who they were and wanted them to feel welcome.

Here is the thing... I FEEL that it is the existing neighbors job to come over and make the first contact with us.  They are all outside mowing their yards and hanging out IGNORING that fact that we are here!!  I think it is super rude that no one has even said hi to us...

So, what is the proper "New Neighbor Etiquette?"  Should it be the existing neighbor/or new neighbors job to make the first contact??
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...