Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Where Have I Been?????

It has been WAY too long since I last wrote, but now I am ready to get back to it!!

It has been a long 6 weeks with our new puppy, Sky. It was like bringing home a new baby. I was tired, frustrated and even felt like giving up most days. He was running me down and needed my attention all day. It was really hard, especially when I needed to take care of Landon and Brock too. I swear, I was taking him outside every 20 min and we would get inside and he would pee right on the floor!! Every night I thought to myself, "Can I do this? Will he ever be trained?"

I decided that I was going to give it my ALL and I was going to get this dog trained... because I loved him and Brady and the kids loved him... it was up to me to follow through with what I had promised when we bought him; to give him a wonderful life with our family and that meant getting him to the point where we could enjoy him.

He is now 14 weeks old and I am happy to say that he is pretty much 100% house trained and is sleeping through the night (without needing a midnight potty time). He is able to run around the main level of the house freely and I know he is not going to have an accident. When he needs to go, he runs to the door and sits by it. All the time and energy I put into him has paid off and I am happy I did not give up on him. Puppies are like kids; put love, attention and hard work into them and in return they will love you forever :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...