Friday, April 1, 2011

"Up North"

In many of my posts, I talk about going "up north." For those who are not from Minnesota, it may be hard to understand what I am referring to.

It is MN culture to go up to (Northern Minnesota) to a cabin/lake home for the holidays or during the summer. Pretty much everyone either owns a lake home or knows someone who does. It is a very common thing to see on a Friday afternoon in the summer, neighbors in their driveways packing up their cars for the weekend with their boat behind.

For those of us who live in the Twin Cities, heading up north is a must to get away from the busy life of the cities.

I have been lucky that my parent's have owned a cabin since I was just a baby and have been going up north my whole life. When I was younger, my mom, sister and I would be up there for two months straight in the summer. I have some of the best childhood memories of me running around all day in my swimsuit, catching bugs, fishing off the dock from morning until night, playing with my friends from up there and everything else that comes with being up at a lake home.

The boys and I are currently "Up North" at the lake home right now with my parents since Landon has off of school this week... we are having such a fun time. I am so happy my boys are able to experience this other life when we are here :-)


Landon & Sky enjoyed the fact that the snow is melting (very slowly)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...