Sunday, April 17, 2011

"Mommy, we have a Ghost!!"

The other night, my two year old, Brock was having the hardest time sleeping.  It was very unusual for him, as he has been a wonderful sleeper since 6 weeks old.  He kept waking up every 20 min screaming.  Since I am the WORST when it comes to CIO, I was up there comforting him every time, as he was very shaken.  I decided to set up the pac'n play in my bedroom to make it easier for the both of us.

Around 2 am, he woke up again in a full scream.  I got up and started to rock him in the rocking chair in my room, trying to calm him down again.  As I sat rocking him, I got this overwhelming feeling that I was being watched... I have heard people say that before, but I have never understood exactly what it felt like until that night.  My body went numb and I got goosebumps from my head to my toes, it was unlike anything I had experienced before.

At the same moment, our Weimaraner, Sky (who sleeps in our bed with us every night), lifted his head and started to make low, fierce growls!!  I can honestly say, he has NEVER growled or barked in our bed before... and what was he growling at??  It was just me, Brady & Brock in the room... what would upset him like that?  The neighborhood was completely quiet as usual and it was the middle of the night.  

I was a little freaked out by the whole thing, and being a big baby, I decided that the lamp was going to be put on for the rest of the night! lol  Everything was fine.  Brock went back to sleep and never woke up again, the dog finally calmed down and fell back to sleep and I quickly went back to a peaceful slumber.

The next morning, I kinda forgot about the whole ordel from the night before.  I stopped by my older son's room and noticed that the top comforter was pulled off of the bed from the bottom corner.  That was odd... I had tucked him in last night with it completely tight against the wall and he is a still sleeper.  Weird.  O'well, I went on my way downstairs to start breakfast.


Landon finally awoke and came downstairs casually and bellied up to the counter to eat.  As I was getting his food together, he saids, "mommy, we have a ghost."  


I froze and replied, "what, why do you say that?" 

He replied, "Well, there was a ghost who came in my room last night and pulled my blanket right off!!  I was really mad."

I asked, "Did you see the ghost?"

"Yeah, he was REALLY BIG!!"

I told him that he dreaming and he got really mad at me!!  He told me he was not making a lie and he saw it... I have to say, I don't think that he was lying.  There were three of us (maybe four counting Brock) who experienced something unsettling that night.  I am not sure what it was.  We have lived in our house for 6 years and I have never experienced anything like that before and haven't since that night.  

Landon was so sure of himself, that he even told my mom the same story.  My Mom rest assured him, that if it was a ghost, it was a nice one and was just playing a joke on him.  Landon was pleased with that idea and hasn't spoken of the incident from that day forward...

Seriously!!  There is never a dull moment at my house... never... even the stupid ghosts have to cause a ruckus here ;-p lol 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...