Monday, January 24, 2011

Disney Shirts I Made :-)

I love when my boys have personalized shirts for b-days and big events... So, I was thinking why not have a Disney shirt for our upcoming trip?? I usually purchase shirts online, as they always turn out good and I don't have to stress about it looking bad. Especially, after last year for Brock's 1st b-day, I made him a shirt... it looked a little strange, but who cared!? We were on vacation in South Padre, TX and no one cared!! lol I told myself I am NEVER going to attempt making a shirt again!

So, I went online and found a great site that lets you design your own shirt!! I was so excited and spent an hour designing the shirts... they were so cute! So, I went to check out and... waa-waa WHAT!!! $55???!!!! Oh, bananas! What was I going to do? Brady would flip a pancake if I bought the boys shirts that they were going to wear ONE time for $55... Oh, but now I really wanted them to have it... Eeehhh, fine! I will try to make them myself...

I went to Michael's and bought printable iron-on sheets (10 sheets for $9.99) and Landon a plain white T for $2.50!! They I ran to Wal-Mart and found a Garanimals turtle neck on clearance for $3 :-) So... my total for the shirts were around $16.00 to do it myself!!!!!

I planned ahead for mistakes this time and had two "practice" shirts... I still kind of screwed up Landon's shirt. When I did the back, I didn't put something in-between the shirt and lost some of the front color onto the pillowcase I was ironing on, but you can barely tell. I had to just put them away when they were done because I was nitpicking them... I know if I would have ordered them online they would have turned out better...

What do you think??

After Ironing- about to pull off... ignore my hand, I have no idea why my hand looks so red.
Front of Shirts
Back of Shirts- I thought it would be cute to put their name & age
My model!! I actually pulled him out of bed to try it on... he was happy to help ;-)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...