Tuesday, January 25, 2011

This is GROSS!!


I had the most horrifying/gross moment today...

We got home from preschool this morning and I opened the door from the garage and almost fell over from the smell!! I looked over at the dog in the kennel and got that "look" from him. He was guilty. It didn't take me too long to figure out what happened... he had pooped in his kennel and not just in the corner!! He pooped and stepped in it and I am guessing tried to cover it up. He has NEVER done this before and I was in shock!! The smell was unlike anything I have ever endured. I stood there for a brief moment and realized I am the one that is going to have to clean this up :-/

I grabbed the kids from the car and brought them to "safety" away from the entry way. Then, I brought the dog outside (he trailed poopy paws all over my floor). I know I am pretty dramatic sometimes, but I really was gagging from the smell!!! I threw away the blankets and used lysol three times to get the yuck and smell out of the kennel. Cleaned the carpet and went outside (in the freezing cold) and wiped down his paws.

Next, bath time!! Landon, Brock and I all went upstairs and gave Sky the biggest bath of his life! He never protested... I think he was completely uncomfortable and humiliated. He was clean and the the "mess" was clean... and the kids FINALLY got to eat lunch at 1:15 :-)

Seriously, this is my life people!! If it isn't kid poop, it's dog poop!! This is the real life of being a mom... it is not glamorous and it is not always "fun." Heck, at least there is never a dull moment around here ;-) lol
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...