Monday, January 10, 2011

Keeping Up

This is another day, O Lord. I know not what it will bring forth, but make me ready, Lord, for whatever it may be. If I am to stand up, help me to stand bravely. If I am to sit still, help me to sit quietly. If I am to lie low, help me to do it patiently. And if I am to do nothing, let me do it gallantly. Make these words more than words, and give me the Spirit of Jesus. Amen.

I have to admit, I am struggling to keep up with my daily chores now that Brock is nearing 2 years old and is a busy little bee!! Along with tending to my clingy Landon, feeding them breakfast, snacks, Lunch, nap time, snack & dinner and then cleaning up after each feeding, I am having trouble finding the time to squeeze in the million household chores :-( Oh, and lets not forget my little fury child, Sky, who I need to take out every hour for a potty break.

I make sure everyday that the dishes are done, the floors are vacuumed & the bathrooms stay clean... but there is so many other things that need to be done!! When I was thinking about becoming a stay at home mom, I figured I would have all the time in the world to get everything done and my house would be sparking clean everyday... not so much :-/

Laundry day is a killer for me because I spend a lot of the morning in the laundry room... then in the afternoon, I have to find a time when I can actually fold the clothes. Sounds like an easy task, but not when the kids are not bombarding me with issues or interrupting me with broken toys... or grabbing the CLEAN clothes and throwing them all over.

Am I the only one that has this problem??? I want to actually spend time with my kids during the day, by playing with them or taking them to a fun event... I don't want to just stay in the house all day just cleaning, but that is part of my job of staying home and my "boss" is a clean freak and has high expectations of what should be done during the day and how the house should look...

I guess there is not enough time in the day to be perfect ;-)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...