Monday, January 10, 2011

My Grandma Olson

Since I am so behind on posting, I wanted to make sure I posted about my Grandma Olson who passed away on December 28th 2010.

I was very close to my Grandma O, I was my whole life. She was my Mother's Mom and we spent a lot of time over at her house, going on vacations & were together every holiday & birthday. Before my Grandpa died 10 years ago, we would frequently go over for Sunday lunch.

My favorite memories are of me spending the night at her house when I was little. She would let me put on her jewelry and perfume and eat lot of ice cream!! I will also always remember the trip to Arizona with both my Grandma & Grandpa... on one occasion, we had to keep stopping in the car on the way up a mountain because she was so scared!! We made it and we had so much fun shopping in the town on the top.

There are so many memories of her, that I can't begin to write them all. The one thing that I can say for her was that she was always there for us. Until this last summer when she started to fade, she was there for every single one of my birthdays, every holiday & and both births of my babies :-) I will truly miss her, but I know in my heart that she is with God & Grandpa now and is at peace.

Here are two pictures of her from Christmas this year, 3 days before she passed away.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...